Lola 's Reviews > Little Monsters

Little Monsters by Kara Thomas

bookshelves: mystery

Brrrrrr. Goosebumps. (And it’s really hot here, so it’s definitely the book.)

Halfway through the book, I realized that Kara Thomas is also Kara Taylor, who wrote Prep School Confidential, which I LOVED. If I’d known that, I would have read this book before it even came out.

There are authors that like to explore genres. They write contemporary romances, only to switch to fantasy later on and maybe try some mystery/thriller along the way. I hope Kara Thomas sticks to mystery, because she is so damn good at it.

It looks like such a clichéd story, no? The new girl in town who knows nobody begins a friendship with two inseparables… only for one of her new friends to disappear not long after.

She’s not exactly a suspect, and especially not at first, but the further we read, the tenser things get, and it’s hard to separate the lie from the truth.

I think Kacey is the perfect heroine. Although she has her own demons to deal with (just like basically everyone on this planet), she is someone who really is looking forward to a new start with a family she hopes will eventual feel familiar to her.

It’s narrated by Kacey herself, but there are also passages from her friend’s notebook, which provides much context and background to the story.

It’s chilling. I can’t wait to forget everything about it, so I can read it again and experience it as though for the first time.

Blog | Youtube | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin’

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Monsters.

September 19, 2017 – Started Reading
September 20, 2017 – Shelved
September 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah This sounds great!