JoRead's Reviews > Saving Him

Saving Him by Angela Snyder

What a story! It kept me on the edge of my seat from page one!
The previous book ends with Adeline in an extremely precarious situation and we don’t know what’s going to happen to her. At that moment I didn’t know if the story was going to take a turn for the worse but the author only gave us a little taste of what was yet to come. Once things settle down and their connection grows deeper, things do get hotter and sparks fly all over the place!

In the first book we have a little glimpse of what Lucien did for a living but I was a bit confused because I never really understood how he came to be what he is in now. Here we get to know more about his line of “work” and the person he is when he’s not secluded in his little corner of the world. I thought it was great that the author didn’t just focus on the erotic part of Lucien’s personality and story but also gave a lot of thought to his mental issues and disorders.
I’m on the fence when it comes to Adeline though. She was resilient throughout the story and showed courage when needed but at the same time I kept thinking how do you become involved with your kidnapper? And then fall in love -because c’mon, this is a romance so eventually we know they will fall in love- so I had to look at it from another angle to understand their relationship. What if the story the story of Adeline and Lucien was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast? Beauty was at first trapped in a world where she didn’t want to be but as time passed she realized it was better than she initially thought and the alternative could be even worse, that is, if she went back to her older life. Adeline has the same problem and she also finds out the people she thought was family didn’t care for her and only cared for money and power. The Beast, albeit his dark past and scarred life, turned out to be more human than beast and developed deeper feeling than he ever thought possible. Lucien became that magical prince that saved Adeline from a terrible fate they both had their magical happily ever after – after they almost gave me a heart attack when I thought the were never going to get there * huff*

So retelling or not, I was a great read and I’m ever so excited Jackson, Lucien’s sexy cousin, is going to get his own story! He was a riot and the more I read about him the more I wanted him – I mean, to know more about him.

4 shinning stars. I voluntarily read an advance review copy of this book and this is my honest opinion. And I totally recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Him.

September 20, 2017 – Started Reading