Nnedi's Reviews > What Happened

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

I don't care what anyone says, this was a kick ASS read, hands down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened.

September 19, 2017 – Started Reading
September 19, 2017 – Shelved
October 4, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Clark Carlton I am halfway through this book and it kicks multiple asses. It is extremely compelling.

In addition to being a thorough policy wonk, Hillary is an excellent writer capable of crystal clear and moving prose. It is painful to read this book as it is a reminder of what we might have had and a more painful reminder of what we do have. It was necessary to write What Happened as Hilary does not want it to happen again. As ever, she is responsible, she follows up, and she has done her homework in documenting how she lost and why. These are lessons to be learned for the next election. The book is not some vengeful screed, it’s a measured, analytic and well documented narrative that of course includes plentiful facts and data. It’s never dry but drenched with feeling.

Perhaps in a later chapter Hillary will also get to another reason why people resent her — like Al Gore, she is a “smarty pants”, and a female smarty pants at that. She was never that cool girl who smoked in the bathroom — she’s the drudge who got straight As and turned everything in on time. In the face of so much unwarranted hatred, Hillary has continued to fight for what’s best for all Americans, especially the disadvantaged ones. That’s the real testament of her strength and determination. In one chapter, she takes sharp aim at America’s gun policies which tragically is very relevant once again. Her positions were overwhelmingly stronger than Bernie Sanders’ whose own beliefs about guns were compromised in order to be electable in gun permissive Vermont.

I dare people to read this book — it may challenge a person to wonder just why they have had a negative reaction to someone who has only ever wanted to do the right thing for all Americans. Men may wonder if their negative response to her is the same response they have had to a female superior at work. Women may have to examine their own envy for someone who dared to shatter the glass ceiling and take her rightful place in the highest office in the land.

And for those who think Hillary should just go away, you are wrong. She was treated poorly and we all need to know just how poorly by the likes of James Comey, Julian Assange, Vladimir Putin and others.

message 3: by Curtis (new)

Curtis Anderson Just finished it myself and I agree it is a good book. We get to see a new side of Hillary Clinton.

Greg Nnedi, agreed. Please join me in pointing out all the people who rated this one star that they didn't read the book! And, gotta love Michele, the next POTUS;

Elyse Walters Awesome!!!!!