Jennifer's Reviews > The Great Alone

The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah

bookshelves: favorites

Kristin Hannah is my all-time favorite author and I was thrilled to receive this ARC. It took me four days to finish, and this was due to life interrupting me...or I would've been finished sooner.

I was invested with Leni's (the main character) well-being before finishing the first chapter. I needed to know she would be okay. Her strength amazed me and the realistic ordeal she was going through made me root for her survival.

Opening my mind to another era was fascinating and Hannah provided the right amount of imagery and detail, as she always does in her books. Due to Hannah's diligent research, readers are rewarded with a realistic view of what life was like in America's last frontier. The adventurous, realistic, and sometimes heartbreaking tone found throughout this book allowed Leni, her parents and the town of Kaneq to come to life on each and every page.

Within my hands, I held the book with a child-like eagerness, but also with a fear that there was and end. :) As a writer, I want to be half as talented as Kristin Hannah one day. As a reader, I am anxious to see what adventure she will take me on next!

Thank you for the opportunity to read the ARC.
Great job, as usually, Kristin Hannah!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Alone.

Finished Reading