Brooke — brooklynnnnereads's Reviews > The Night Garden

The Night Garden by Polly Horvath

bookshelves: arcs

This was the first Polly Horvath novel that I have read but it most certainly will not be my last!

What an incredible, funny, quirky, and enjoyable read. The story was unique, mysterious, and entertaining. From the beginning, I didn't know where it was going to go or what was coming next. The mystery and intrigue lasted throughout and ended with me reading the last quarter at a rapid speed due to the excitement of the adventure. Additionally, this novel was laugh-out-loud funny. I don't even mean that in a figure of speech way, I am serious. The sarcasm, the subtle jokes, the obvious ones--there were some pretty hilarious moments (do not even get me started on how long I was laughing over the lost Brownies scene).

Along with the amazing story, each character had an important role and I enjoyed each one so much that I can't pick a favourite. Franny may have been my favourite for her sarcasm alone but from Sina and Old Tom to Miss Macy and the Hermit, I loved them all. Heck, I even loved the role of Crying Alice and Fixing Bob.

Although this book is geared towards a younger audience, trust me on this one: if you enjoy a good, lighthearted, funny, and cute story....you will love this one. It's one of those reads that could easily become a classic as it's timeless and enjoyable for those at any age. This book has a big ol' stamp of approval from me and I will be wholeheartedly recommending it to many.

*Thank you to Penguin Random House Canada for sending me an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Garden.

September 19, 2017 – Started Reading