Lia 's Reviews > The Name of the Wind

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

bookshelves: high-dark-epic-fantasy, magic-wizards-spells, period-aus-past, book-heaven

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.

The Name of The Wind is a book that took me months to finish, but not because I didn't enjoy it. I was just saving every page and svoring every line like an addicted person saves their last dose.
The characters, even the smallest ones, have a way of making their way into your heart that you can't help but fall for every single one of them. The bad guys, too. You can't keep yourself from start to consider all these paper people your friends.
Kvothe is one of my favorite main characters of all times. He kinda reminds me of an older Harry Potter, for the braveness and the sarcasm, but at the same time I think he's possibly sweeter and paradoxically crueler when in need to be.

Rothfuss' writing is extraordinary. The descriptions, the world building, the dialogues, they're all so meticulous and special that with every turn of the page, it felt like I was there.
This entire book feels and reads like a long journey. A sometimes pleasant, sometimes sad, sometimes funny, sometimes heartbreaking journey that I'd take again and again.
Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady. Their lives are hard enough, and it never hurts to be polite.

The Name of the Wind is a rich story filled with its very own history and detailed plot. Once you get into its world, it's very hard to come back, though it's oh so great that I don't think anyone would mind.
My parents danced together, her head on his chest. Both had their eyes closed. They seemed so perfectly content. If you can find someone like that, someone who you can hold and close your eyes to the world with, then you're lucky. Even if it only lasts for a minute or a day. The image of them gently swaying to the music is how I picture love in my mind even after all these years.

Rothfuss, mah man...you rock!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Name of the Wind.

September 19, 2017 – Shelved
September 19, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
May 16, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 21, 2018 – Started Reading
December 21, 2018 –
page 11
1.66% "The Waystone Inn lay in silence, and it was a silence of three parts.
The most obvious part was a hollow, echoing quiet, made by things that were lacking. If there had been a wind it would have sighed through the trees, set the inn’s sign creaking on its hooks, and brushed the silence down the road like trailing autumn leaves.

😌 if I close my eyes, it feels like I'm there. Love this description."
December 23, 2018 –
page 40
6.04% "This flows so well, holy shit!
I can't believe I was missing out on this quality writing!"
January 31, 2019 –
page 149
22.51% "It took me a little but I'm finally starting to understand the hype. I'm sooooo hooked!"
February 10, 2019 –
page 220
33.23% "😭😭😭😭😭"
February 25, 2019 –
page 320
48.34% "This book is so awesome???"
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: high-dark-epic-fantasy
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: magic-wizards-spells
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: period-aus-past
March 7, 2019 – Shelved as: book-heaven
March 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥ I'm so proud of you!!! <33 And I love that you're finally reading one of my favourite books of all time!! I really hope you'll love it as much as I do! XD

message 2: by Bee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bee Loves To Read I hope you like it! It took me a while to read but I honestly enjoyed it a lot :)

message 3: by Wynne (new)

Wynne Katherine Omg I remember this one! One of my teenager student asked me to recommend a fantasy book to them and I chose this series cause it has high ratings without reading them first, apparently it has pretty graphic sex scenes in them lmao

Lia Virginia Ronan wrote: "I'm so proud of you!!! <33 And I love that you're finally reading one of my favourite books of all time!! I really hope you'll love it as much as I do! XD"

You were the one who convinced me, actually😊😚

Lia Bee wrote: "I hope you like it! It took me a while to read but I honestly enjoyed it a lot :)"

Aw, thanks Bee 😉

Lia Wynne wrote: "Omg I remember this one! One of my teenager student asked me to recommend a fantasy book to them and I chose this series cause it has high ratings without reading them first, apparently it has pret..."

OH MY GOD 😂 best teacher ever!

Cassandra Fay Did you end up reading it? 😂

Lia Cassandra, wrote: "Did you end up reading it? 😂"

I ended up having to take a summer job that sucks all the life and energy out of me. Haven't read a book in months 😭

Cassandra Fay Oh dang!! I'm so sorry 😂

Catherine I read it in October, one of my new favorites! I really hope you'll like it!

Lia Catherine wrote: "I read it in October, one of my new favorites! I really hope you'll like it!"

Thanks Catherine! ☺️