Leo .'s Reviews > A Street Cat Named Bob: How One Man and His Cat Found Hope on the Streets

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen

Read 2 times

Well I think that James and Bob are kindred spirits. I also think that they saved each others lives. I have an affinity with cats; well all life actually especially animals; I have had cats all my life. Archimedes is at home now waiting for me to come home. I watched the film about Bob and James and although it was a good film as always the book is better. What a lovely story. The stars were lined up for James when the book publisher approached him that fateful day. The rest is history. Well done James and Bob too, well done.🐯👍

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Street Cat Named Bob.

Quotes Leo Liked

James Bowen
“Living on the streets of London strips away your dignity, your identity − your everything, really. Worst of all, it strips away people’s opinion of you. They see you are living on the streets and treat you as a non-person. They don’t want anything to do with you. Soon you haven’t got a real friend in the world.”

James Bowen
“I tried to sneak in without him seeing me. It was a stupid move. He was a cat, he had more senses in one of his whiskers than I had in my entire body. No sooner had I opened the door to the building than he was there squeezing his way in.”

James Bowen
“Cats are notoriously picky about who they like. And if a cat doesn’t like its owner it will go and find another one. Cats do that all the time.”

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
September 18, 2017 – Shelved
September 18, 2017 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
September 18, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Gretchen (new) - added it

Gretchen Beck Thanks for reminding me about this book. I saw the movie and was captivated; the book can only be better!

message 2: by Leo (new) - rated it 3 stars