Lorryn Woodward's Reviews > Charmed: A Thousand Deaths

Charmed by Erica Schultz

bookshelves: graphic-novels, 2017-read, netgalley

I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was excited and skeptical when I started this. I love Charmed, it was a huge part of my life growing up. I've seen episodes more times than I can remember so I was worried this was gonna let me down but it didn't. The story flows perfectly as it would in an episode and there's mentions and cameos of some of the boys in their lives. Timeline wise this would fit before everything that happened with Chris and Wyatt in the show in case you are wondering. I wasn't sure what time it would take place in their lives when I started.

My only real problem is with the art. I liked the art for the most part. However, I didn't like the issue covers. The covers use actual images from the show instead of the art used through the book. There are some options at the end that I feel would have been a better choice since they are more consistent with the rest of the book. If you're expecting the characters to look exactly like the original characters in the show, there are some small discrepancies. Piper looks the most like real life Piper.

Overall, I enjoyed this and I would definitely read more of the Charmed one's stories.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charmed.

September 17, 2017 – Started Reading