Cathy's Reviews > Wish Me Love

Wish Me Love by Michele Ashman Bell

F 50x66

Oh. My. Goodness! This book was exactly what I was hoping for when I picked it up. It's a light romance that made me fall in love with the main characters and hope for their lives would turn out all right in the end. Plus there's plenty of humor and fun along the way. And isn't this just the most perfect cover ever!

I loved Charlotte. She was such a fun character to be able to see this plot through. I loved that she is a bit naive, while still already having dealt with the breakdown of an engagement. I loved how she took to the whole wishing bracelet thing, it kind of becomes her everything. And I loved that she was willing to take a chance and start going on some first dates.

Those first dates are doozies for sure! I had to laugh at the situations she ends up in. And I had to agree with her, first dates are the worst and no one should have to continuously go on them, even if it is to appease their best friend Jack. Who I have to admit, I loved. I loved the way he was constantly looking out for her. I loved how he always knew what she was thinking or needed. And I loved the way both of them were concerned constantly about the feelings of his fiance, Sylvia.

The plot of this one is so much fun! I loved the Brazilian aspect of this one. That's where the wishing bracelets come from in the beginning. There is a fantastic Brazilian party scene and a good chunk of the book actually takes place there during Charlotte's cousin's wedding. This part really had me hooked. I want to spend some time on the Brazilian beaches wearing their special flip flops, maybe right now!

Run and grab a copy of this one, it's so much fun!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish Me Love.

Started Reading