Aaron Bunce's Reviews > Morgan's Run

Morgan's Run by Tamara Jones

There are a number of things you can expect from a Tamara Jones novel, namely:
1: suspense. Jones is a top-notch suspense writer. She knows how to set a scene, build intrigue, and keep you guessing until the very end. Morgan's Run was no exception, although I thought Spore had a little better pacing.
2: famtastic characters. Continuing a long running trend, from: Lars, to Dien and Dubric, to Sean, Mare, and Mindy - Morgan and Nick take their place among her growing cast of lovable and deep characters.
3: visceral action. Jones is no shrinking violet when it comes to the nitty gritty. Some may find her language and description a little harsh, but I find it fresh and authentic. People do bad things to one another, they don't always speak properly, and when we think no ones looking, we cuss. Yes, we do.

Morgan's Run highlights how there are some truly messed up people out there, all too willing to do horrible things to other people, whether they feel justified to do so, or because it simply makes them feel powerful, the "why" is up to the storyteller. But this story also showcases how some people, Morgan, can heal, grow, and work to make themselves whole again. Nick, like Mare, and Lars before him, show us that there are genuinely good people out there, willing to love, support, and help knit people who have been broken by abuse back together.
I Love this book, and I believe it is one most people should read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morgan's Run.

Started Reading