Shadow Girl's Reviews > Mommy Dearest

Mommy Dearest by Willow Rose

bookshelves: ku-available

The faces that people show to the world are not always the same faces that look into our eyes when no one else is around - the ones trying to melt our soul with a mere glance.
I'm speaking generally, of course.
BUT... if my now mother-in-law would have come to stay with me and The Dark Defender way back when... I seriously would have just shot myself. I'd love to tell you that we're now best of friends all these years later - but my lies smell like a fart in a car, so I'm not even going to try. (We're getting a lot better with our face to face time though!)

Crystal is hoping to have a very different experience.
Her soon-to-be mother-in-law is coming to stay for a whole month, and she hopes that they'll really be able to bond during that time. So what if she is just finding out what a mama's boy her fiance is? Why should it bother her that they don't speak English when they're talking around her? She is just imagining those smug, self satisfied sneers coming from Mommy Dearest across the dinner table... right?

You can really get to know someone in thirty days.
- Just ask Morgan Spurlock.
One month. That's enough time to learn their habits, and get used to their quirks. It might even be enough time for everyone to start showing their real selves to one another...

Good luck, Crystal!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mommy Dearest.

August, 2017 – Started Reading