Amanda Hanson's Reviews > To Love a Scandalous Duke

To Love a Scandalous Duke by Liana De la Rosa

bookshelves: diverse-lady-book-project, netgalley, reviewed-snark-and-squee, sexy-times

I was pleasantly surprised by this book! I think, when I saw the title, I was sort of disappointed - I'm used to the snappy, punny romance titles! I know, don't judge a book by it's title (or cover). I'm glad I read it!

Allie and Declan (YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW HOW I LOVE THAT NAME) were so cute together. I liked the slow build, where they acknowledged their childhood friendship and built on it. There were times where Declan felt a bit predatory, and sometimes the dialogue was a bit stilted. And there was a certain word used to referenced someone who is of mixed race (a word that I won't use), so maybe a content warning on that. I understand it was acceptable during the time period the book takes place, but I still hate the word.

Favorite part? De La Rosa managed to get "Nevertheless, she persisted" in there. Brava! I loved that.

Thank you the Entangled and to NetGalley for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review. I'll be posting a full review on my blog tomorrow!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Love a Scandalous Duke.

September 17, 2017 – Started Reading