Tellulah Darling's Reviews > The Night Market

The Night Market by Jonathan   Moore

The Night Market is certainly a thrill ride. It’s a great set up with this bizarre crime and then Carver having to not only solve it, but piece together his missing memories at the same time. Carver is your classic hard-boiled detective, swimming through layers of betrayal and corruption while trying to get the skinny on the femme fatale character of Mia.

Tons of twists and turns. The world reminded me of Blade Runner San Francisco-style, which was a plus in my books. And I loved the thematic commentary on a consumer culture run rampant.

Apparently this is the third and final book in a series featuring loosely interconnected characters. I didn’t know that at the time, and it didn’t impact my reading enjoyment, though it did make me want to go back and read the others. Loved it!

Thank you to NetGalley and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for a copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Market.

Finished Reading
September 17, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Gayle (new)

Gayle Hi, Tellulah. Great review. Don't normally care for the Mickey Spillane type characters I'm more of a Nero Wolfe/Archie type, but this sounds like there's an extra layer that may make it worth the effort. I'm a sot for the consumerism motif. <: Thanks, ~gayle

Tellulah Darling Gayle wrote: "Hi, Tellulah. Great review. Don't normally care for the Mickey Spillane type characters I'm more of a Nero Wolfe/Archie type, but this sounds like there's an extra layer that may make it worth the ..."

My pleasure. Let me know how you like it.