K's Reviews > VIP

VIP by M.  Robinson

bookshelves: adult, angsty, billionaire, dark-romance, emotional, kindle, new-adult, romance, strong-heroine

5 Stars!!

Wow this book was great!!! It is my first M. Robinson book and I cannot wait to read more from her!

This book was written in 1st person. Dual POV with Ysabelle and Sebastian.

This book is about a young girl Ysabelle who had a very traumatic and depressing childhood. Her mother did not care about her and forced her to fend for herself. Sebastian came from a very good household. He had two neighbors, Julia and her adopted sister Olivia. Sebastian loved both of them, however he loved Julia like a sister and Olivia like a lover. He realized he could never be with Olivia without upsetting Julia. Olivia was very upset about this and she committed suicide in her late teens. Years go by and Sebastian marries Julia. They live a very comfortable life and have a son.

While this is going on, Ysabelle is discovered by Madam who is essentially a pimp. She convinces Ysabelle to come work for her. She can live a life of luxury (which she has never experienced before) while having power over men. One day Ysabelle meets Sebastian at a yacht party (Sebastian sells yachts lol so silly) and he is instantly captivated by her because she looks just like Olivia.

Sebastian and Ysabelle go on to have an affair. They try not to fall in love, however like all romance books, they fall in love. They become consumed by one another. They both live for the days they get to spend with one another. Until one night Julia finds out that Sebastian has been cheating on her. Ysabelle breaks things off with Sebastian and Sebastian and Julia end up getting a divorce.

AND THEN THE VERY LAST SCENE COMES IN AND MAKES ME WANNA READ THE NEXT BOOK!!! Gah such an intriguing ending!

The only critique I have for this book is that the main characters do not meet until 50% through the book. There is so much backstory that I found myself getting very impatient.

Overall I would definitely recommend this book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read VIP.

September 16, 2017 – Shelved
September 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 21, 2017 – Started Reading
October 21, 2017 –
page 74
18.14% "Will the main characters meet already?? Jeez this is taking forever."
October 21, 2017 –
page 74
18.14% "Will the main characters meet already?? Jeez this is taking forever."
October 22, 2017 –
53.0% "FINALLY THE MAIN CHARACTERS MEET!! I WAS GETTING IMPATIENT."
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: adult
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: new-adult
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-heroine
October 25, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Great review!!

message 2: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Kate! :)

Mindy Lou's Book Review Awesome review, Kate!

message 4: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Terrific review, Kate! xoxo