Morgiana's Reviews > Das Spiel der Könige

Das Spiel der Könige by Rebecca Gablé

Sep 21, 2011

bookshelves: historical-fiction, german

I must say, I didn't know too much about the War of the Roses in England, that's why I was really enjoying the historical facts in that book.
The historical characters are wery well written, we can already follow their actions, understand why they were doing what they did, and this was very interesting.
The Kingmaker, Warwick was one of my favourites, his desperately trying to hold all the strand in his hand was awesome, and his hate for Marguerite d'Anjou (and her hate against him) was very detailled written.
But the most favourite was Jasper Tudor, who lost everything, his fame, his castles, his fortune, he needed to live as a Robin Hood of the XV. century, but he fought for decades for his fame, has the future king, Henry VII at his side, was his mentor, and at the end he has had everything he fought for.
To be honest, at the start I couldn't really like the main hero, Julian of Waringham - I thought he is a really rational man, cold as a fish - but as I read the book, I started to like him more and more, as I learned about the dephts of his character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Das Spiel der Könige.

September 21, 2011 – Started Reading