may ➹'s Reviews > The Astonishing Color of After

The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan

bookshelves: need-to-finish

this is not a bad book

it’s not!! I’m enjoying it!!!

however, it is VERY slow (since it is focused around Leigh’s grief), and usually, I’m fine with slow books. but I can currently feel myself on the edge of a slump and I will not let a slow book drag me down into that hellhole, so for now, this book is on hold

---------------------------------------------

I mean, I’m not saying that I’m still in disbelief that one of my most anticipated 2018 releases is in my hands, or that I’m dropping everything to read this, but... that’s exactly what I’m saying

(p.s. THE ARC IS SIGNED)

// unofficial buddy read with the one who gives me good lick, the one who stabs her pets, and too gay for their own good

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Astonishing Color of After.

September 15, 2017 – Shelved
September 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 9, 2018 – Shelved as: need-to-finish

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

Yusra  ✨ are u telling me you just got a physical arc

Yusra  ✨ i’m jealous

Yusra  ✨ please tell me your ways

Renee Started reading this last night and didn’t even realize when it was 2am I was so obsessed! Have fun reading!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

SCREAMING IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS YOUR CANCELLED

may ❀ your buddy read name should be "that smol little exasperated laugh"

message 7: by madeline ♡ (new)

madeline ♡ OH MY GOD FINALLY I REALLY LIKED THIS ONE

message 8: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ @yusra my friends actually entered a twitter giveaway for me but one got a DM from someone offering to get me the arc if i didn't win the giveaway so !!! here i am !!!!

message 9: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ Renee wrote: "Started reading this last night and didn’t even realize when it was 2am I was so obsessed! Have fun reading!!!"

omg i'm so happy to hear that!! i'm super glad that you're enjoying the book 💓

lily ☁️ may ➹ wrote: "@yusra my friends actually entered a twitter giveaway for me but one got a DM from someone offering to get me the arc if i didn't win the giveaway so !!! here i am !!!!"

Can that person send the arc to me instead, or ... 🌞

message 11: by Sabrien (new) - added it

Sabrien Abdelrahman Yay congrats hope you love it! I want to read this so anticipating your review.

message 12: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ ilsa ➹ wrote: "SCREAMING IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS YOUR CANCELLED"

*you're

message 13: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ maymay ☕ wrote: "your buddy read name should be "that smol little exasperated laugh""

i hate you so much

message 14: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ and it wasn't a laugh, it was a breathless sigh of extreme exasperation and relief

message 15: by Savannah (new) - added it

Savannah (The Book Prophet) I swear if you say this is bad my 2018 will be ruined

message 16: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie y’all are buddy reading without me???? Fine

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

JACKIE YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T IN THE MOOD TO READ IT SOOOOO ^^

message 18: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ madeline ☾ wrote: "OH MY GOD FINALLY I REALLY LIKED THIS ONE"

i'm so happy to hear that!!!!

message 19: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ Lily wrote: "may ➹ wrote: "@yusra my friends actually entered a twitter giveaway for me but one got a DM from someone offering to get me the arc if i didn't win the giveaway so !!! here i am !!!!"

Can that per..."

well you've got yourself a copy already so...

message 20: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ Sabrien wrote: "Yay congrats hope you love it! I want to read this so anticipating your review."

thank you so much sabrien!! i hope you love it if you read it 💞

Grand Admiral Tofu King I had the same problem with it. It's a beautiful book and I really want to know what's going to happen, but because it's SLOOOW, I had to put it on hold as well. I do hope to finish it one day.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

i love you!! do let me know when you pick it back up again!!

꒰ Dane ꒱ ༉‧˚۞ You’re right! I read this and I loved it but it’s to slow and after I read 79% of the book..my reading slump started and I paused this for nearly a month and I can’t read any books and so I read graphic novels instead...and even if I paused it for almost a month I still have put it in my favourite books list it’s just that I think If I had read this without pausing it might’ve been in my top 4 or up favourite book of all time...

message 24: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ Savannah wrote: "I swear if you say this is bad my 2018 will be ruined"

MY 2018 will be ruined if this isn't 5 stars

message 25: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ Jackie wrote: "y’all are buddy reading without me???? Fine"

we're not even reading anymore lmao

Yusra  ✨ may ➹ wrote: "@yusra my friends actually entered a twitter giveaway for me but one got a DM from someone offering to get me the arc if i didn't win the giveaway so !!! here i am !!!!"

soooo lucky hope u enjoy it!