lacy [lacy’s library]'s Reviews > The Uncrossing

The Uncrossing by Melissa Eastlake

bookshelves: 2017, 4-stars, arc-copy, ebooks, e

A special thank you goes out to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this book early. All thoughts and opinions are my own and are in no way influenced by being given this book!

I got this dumb little smile on face and it's because of this book. This book was just so damn adorable. Luke and Jeremy just made my heart all sorts of happy. Of course, it had its serious moments and there were moments where I wanted to smack Luke and Jeremy but overall, I couldn't be happier with this book.

Luke has the gift of being able to uncross someone. I'm sure most of you have seen a Supernatural, where Sam and Dean are hunting witches and they have to find hex bags. Well the concept is similar. Luke can find those hex bags and cleanse the person or building of the hex. Cool right? Because I thought this was very cool. As for Luke as a character, I liked him. He was stuck up but I personally didn't mind it. It fit him and his friends and family certainly weren't afraid to knock him down a peg or two. And I think he did a lot of good for Jeremy, even if they fought a lot.

Jeremy is a precious cinnamon roll and must be protected at all costs. I never call anyone a cinnamon roll so that goes to show how much I adored this character. My heart hurt for this poor guy because of his secret, he couldn't really live a normal life. He has family that kind of accepts him/kind of doesn't in terms of him being gay. He basically has lived his life thinking that being gay and feminine is bad. I just wanted to reach into the book and tell him that he is perfect the way he is. Why can't people just accept others the way they are.

The world building was very cool. It combined the real world, with mentions of Instagram, Snapchat and saying "drag me" (which I have no idea what that means at all) and combining it with old world magic and old families. The side characters were well done. They weren't just placed there for the sake of being. Overall, I'm really impressed with this book and I'm anxious to see what else this author does.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Uncrossing.

September 13, 2017 – Shelved
September 13, 2017 –
page 0
"Trying to read more LGBT books. This seems v promising!"
September 13, 2017 –
3.0% "Ah yes. I, too, stalk on Instagram. 😂"
September 14, 2017 – Started Reading
September 14, 2017 –
23.0% "I was a bit confused but everything is starting to piece together."
September 14, 2017 –
74.0% "Ugh Jeremy! 😡"
September 14, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
September 14, 2017 – Shelved as: 4-stars
September 14, 2017 – Shelved as: arc-copy
September 14, 2017 – Shelved as: ebooks
September 14, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 17, 2017 – Shelved as: e

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

☆ Todd How many pages? I can't seem to find that info *anywhere*, even on the book's Amazon page, which rarely omits that important info. :- /

message 2: by Jules (new)

Jules Lovestoread I'm starting this soooooooooon.

message 3: by ☆ Todd (last edited Sep 19, 2017 01:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆ Todd Jules wrote: "I'm starting this soooooooooon."

I read the blurb, was sold & immediately requested it on NG. : )

lacy [lacy’s library] I believe it's about 300 pages or so.

☆ Todd lacy wrote: "I believe it's about 300 pages or so."

Cool, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some 600 page "epic saga" length. ;- )