Samantha March's Reviews > Rock Star's Girl

Rock Star's Girl by J.F. Kristin

Read 2 times

Emily Watts is an over-worked yet still struggling writer who tries to keep a social life with her workaholic schedule. While taking a break from her fashion website, Emily attends a concert for her friend Jesse Cinder, a struggling musician searching for his big break. Emily has been friends with Jesse for years, but is wondering if maybe they shouldn’t be more. When Jesse turns her down, Emily feels humiliated- but quickly rebounds when she meets Cory Sampson, who is the lead singer in a popular band. Before Emily knows what is happening, her name and photo is being splashed along all the gossip magazines, and what she is wearing and all aspects of her life are being dissected and criticized on celebrity websites. But Emily doesn’t want to be famous, doesn’t want her life being talked about on the news. She just wants to meet The One and be a writer. Can she handle the pressures of dating a celebrity? And how will she handle Jesse when he suddenly wants her- as more than a friend?

Rock Star’s Girl is an addicting story about the pitfalls that come with being a celebrity. I loved the angle of Emily- a normal girl who simply isn’t interested in all the brouhaha of being famous. She has her morals, her friends, and a hopefully thriving career in something she is interested in. This book read like a gossip magazine, where I had to keep flipping the pages to find out what was truth and what was exaggerated. There were plenty of twists that kept me interested, and I never knew which way the story was going to end. I have to say, the ending is a great one. No spoilers- but I enjoy reading a not so typical ending every once in awhile. It has kept me guessing what Emily is up to. A fun story that chick lit fans will want to check out.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Star's Girl.

Finished Reading (Nook Edition)
Finished Reading
September 6, 2011 – Shelved (Nook Edition)
September 20, 2011 – Shelved