julianna ➹'s Reviews > 27 Hours

27 Hours by Tristina Wright

It's complicated.

I... was so excited for this book! Seriously, so excited!

However, it was wayyyy different than I actually expected. WAY DIFFERENT.

I kind of expected something like Legend, where it seems like of like a dystopian futuristic world with tons of action.

This... did not have action (until the last... 10%).

Sadly, this was not what I expected. I expected so much action and a stunning science fiction dystopian. However, 27 Hours wasn't any of those things.

I probably would have enjoyed this more if I expected something different?

(But I still love the cover.)

The romance was kind of confusing and it didn't seem that realistic. They hardly had any problems during their relationship. However, I enjoyed that there were friendships in this book! I LOVE FRIENDSHIPS YES.

But, uh... I had no idea what was happening 70% of the time? I read really quickly, but this writing style didn't work that well for me, sadly.

There were lots of one-liners, though! I enjoyed most of them~

LGBT+ DIVERSITY. YES.

This seems so much like a science fiction- but it didn't really feel like one. It seemed more like a modern type book- I honestly can't think of any futuristic differences between this world and our world. (Except for the setting.)

I LOVED SOME OF THE SNARK THOUGH. Trick (why isn't he even included in the blurb??) is so funny and I LOVED HIM. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

But I really did enjoy reading about how these characters realized that a lot of what they had been taught was WRONG and PROPAGANDA. And that everything is not what it seems like it is.

I wish this book went more into the magical system, tbh! NYX AND JUDE'S POWERS ARE SO COOL OKAY. SO COOL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 27 Hours.

September 13, 2017 – Started Reading
September 13, 2017 – Shelved
September 13, 2017 –
page 80
19.8% "still freaking out over the fact that I GOT AN ARC AGHAGHAHGHAGHAGHAGhh

also that feeling when you're looking for where you left off reading and you're like "ooh this is new" and then you realize that you actually DID read it... -.-"
October 9, 2017 –
page 264
65.35% "characters: *does something* omg yes the war is finally over!!!

me: *checks page number*

me: [is halfway through the book]

me: lololol"
October 9, 2017 –
page 404
100.0% "yES I FINALLY FINISHED oh gosh this took me so long to finish"
October 9, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ shall i send you screenshots of your excited texts so you feel horrible and salty

julianna ➹ may wrote: "shall i send you screenshots of your excited texts so you feel horrible and salty"

wow so kind so nice i shall cherish our friendship

message 3: by may ➹ (new) - added it

may ➹ i will always be here for you :)