Tracy Willoughby's Reviews > Disease: When Life takes an Unexpected Turn

Disease by Hans M. Hirschi

Ever read a book that had you facing a fear you never even knew you had? Hans Hirschi brought this beautiful yet informative story to life about a couple who's normal happy family is about to be turned upside down by a tragic diagnosis that will really have you understanding just how unfair life can be. This book gives a glimpse into the perspective of a couple of events as Hunter deals with his rapidly changing mind that's both heartwarming and heartbreaking. There are a few times that this book had me thinking a little differently on viewpoints I once had. Everyone knows I love Hans Hirschi' s book Spanish Bay and that it's my favorite book but Disease has now taken a spot next to it. The characters in Disease broke my heart because I knew somewhere there is a family walking down the same road and facing the same hard decisions as Hunter and Ethan did. I really believe this is a book that needs to be read because it highlights the point that Alzheimer's doesn't care who you are or how old you are and that it's a heartless disease that blows in like a bad storm a leaves a trail of tears and destruction behind it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disease.

Finished Reading