Rebecca's Reviews > Incarnate

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Sep 20, 2011

bookshelves: for-review, net-galley, from-publisher

OK, get ready because this may get gushy. I thought when I saw the cover I wanted to read Incarnate. When I read the description I thought I would like it. I had no idea I would fall head over heals in love with it!!!

The fantasy world that Jodi Meadows has created for Incarnate made it move so fast. I loved discovering this scary/beautiful new world with its acid hurling dragons, and fire-by-touch slyph. Some type of danger just waiting to appear around every corner. But there is also an amazing library, and wondrous Ball. I could not put Incarnate down.

The stars of Incarnate are its characters. Characters that have been reincarnated for thousands of years. With the exception of one, Ana. I really appreciated how strong Ana was. Ana grows up being hated from birth by her mother. Even though she has been torn down her entire life she still goes after what she wants.

One of my favorite Ana lines:

“ In the last two days I’ve been given a bad compass by my own mother so I’d go the wrong way, attacked by sylph twice, burned, and nearly drowned in a freezing lake.”

My next favorite character has to be Sam…OK, so right now Sam would be my book husband of choice! Sam is the whole package loyal to his friends (Who are all awesome by the way!), a musician, and he wants Ana to be happy, to feel like she matters.

Have I said yet that this is not an insta-love book!!! That’s right, the slow build between Ana and Sam is so sweet and wonderful that as I was reading I literally had a smile on my face from the beauty and realness of how their relationship unfolded through the book. Seriously! I want to go back to high school and draw little hearts with Sam + Ana in the middle of them. Yes, that is how much I loved this story!

There were a lot of twists and turns in Incarnate that I was not expecting, especially the ending. I was continually surprised by the story in very pleasant ways. I can’t wait to read what happens next in this series! Now I am off to go stalk Jodi Meadows:) Hope she doesn’t mind, cause I am in love with her book!!!

Happy Reading,
Rebecca

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarnate.