Nikki Brooks's Reviews > Night's Caress

Night's Caress by Mary Hughes

bookshelves: netgalley, pnr, reviewed, series-boxsets

This was my first read by this author and it won't be my last!

Whilst I hadn't read the series this is an offshoot of -Biting Love- I didn't feel lost at not knowing all the characters from previous books. This is definitely Seb and Brie's story.

Brie is a small town woman who fled a wastrel ex and joined the FBI. But wouldn't you know it that only male who stokes her interest is another Vamp, just like duh-wreck (love that nickname!). She tries to dodge him at every turn but when she is "requested" to join him undercover in her home town, tracking down a ritualistic killer, she has nowhere left to hide. Her town may be off the beaten track but it has a kind of don't ask-don't tell relationship with things that go bump in the night!

Seb is larger than life in every way. He can't exactly blend in at 6ft9 but he joined the FBI because he didn't want to align himself to one faction of Vampire kind. He wants to live in peace and police his kind when they get out of hand. But Brie has him all tied up in knots and he's struggling with the very real tug he feels towards her. He has been burned before by a woman and doesn't want to give her the power to hurt him once more.

This is a dual POV so you get to see what is running through both of their heads! Great read and I loved working out who was who and sifting out who the culprit may be. Will be one clicking some more books by this author!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night's Caress.

September 13, 2017 – Started Reading