Jeanette A's Reviews > Sker House

Sker House by C.M. Saunders

bookshelves: mystery, paranormal

This book was the refreshing ghost story I was craving. And I’m so glad I finally found the time to read it. Far -far- too long ago the author, C.M. Saunders, sent me a copy of this book for me to review so, finally, here it is.

-Overall-
This book was like reading a story out of what I wish my life could be. Internet-savvy kiddos end up in an out-of-the-way bed and breakfast to investigate rumors of the location being haunted. During their stay they become far more entagled in the story than they ever thought possible. The locals have a very John Carpenter feel to them. And what I mean by that is, they are all nicely fleshed out and characters you thought were the background extras become key players along the way. I also mean that the "locals" have a delightfully coy way of knowing more than they let on. This story is both ghost story and mystery and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

-Scenes that will stick with me-
I can’t really tell you my favorite scenes without entirely spoiling the ending. Instead, I will say that this book did a beautiful job of building tension with all of the spooky happenings of this book. So much so that by the time you hit the big climatic ending, your nails have been thoroughly bitten off.

-Verdict-
To people who love a suspenseful ghost story with a moody atmosphere, this is a must read. 5 out of 5 blood spattered stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sker House.

Started Reading