TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover's Reviews > Roomies

Roomies by Christina Lauren

CURRENTLY ON HUGE SALE! | http://amzn.to/2jqoINh

“Mo stóirín, I fear I’ll like you too much.”

description

Reading a book by Christina Lauren is ALWAYS a treat and a guaranteed awesome read. Light, fun, touching, and with their signature humor, Roomies was no exception.

First things first. From here on out, I only want to be referred to as ‘“Mo stóirín.” Because Irish speaking musicians is my new favorite thing.

Roomies tells the story of Holland Bakker (told primarily in her POV), whom I would like to point out is hysterical. I lived for her dry humor. Holland works in theater thanks to her well known uncle. In fact, most things Holland has are in thanks to her uncles. She’s perhaps just a little spoiled, but NEVER unappreciative. So when the opportunity to help her uncle comes in the form of marrying a virtual stranger, she jumps at the chance because 1.) she’s a little bored with her life and 2.) it doesn’t hurt that she’s been pining for her soon to be husband from afar for months as she’s been listening to him perform street music.

Holland convinces Calvin to go along with a fake marriage (don’t want to give too many specifics as to why ;) ).

He blinks, and a beat of silence passes between us where I think he’s asking, Well? Are we doing this? His fingers rub my waist gently, as if to remind me there’s no pressure.
I swallow, giving him a smile that says: Fuck yes we are.
Calvin turns back to Devon. “Dev, this is my fiancée, Holland. Holls, this is Devon.”
Fiancée.
And I die.

There’s something about the “marriage of convenience” trope I LOVE. And reading about Holland and Calvin go from trying to figure out how to navigate a fake marriage to falling in love while also trying to chase their own dreams was just so damn adorable.

"But he kisses me like it’s love, and as he pushes faster into me, he sounds like a man overcome with love, and when he rolls so I’m on top of him, he watches me with something that looks a lot like love in his eyes."

I already pointed out how much I adored Holland. But Calvin..he was something else. Christina Lauren has written a range of heroes in the past: Asshole, player, comic book nerd, smooth talking lover. But Calvin was just …just a GOOD guy. A genuinely sweet, good, caring, patient amazing guy.

“I think you might be the best girl there ever was.” .

I loved Holland and Calvin together. Loved the humor. Loved the side characters. Roomies was a super fun and entertaining read and something fans of Christina Lauren will no doubt enjoy!

Roomies is out December 5th! | http://amzn.to/2jqoINh

Find Me On:
InstagramFB PageFB BlogBlogTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roomies.

September 13, 2017 – Shelved
September 13, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 14, 2017 – Started Reading
October 19, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) I always have a problem with Christina Lauren’s construction of the conflict in their books. What was your impression of the conflict in this one? Strong? Believable?

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) wrote: "I always have a problem with Christina Lauren’s construction of the conflict in their books. What was your impression of the conflict in this one? Strong? Believable?"

I'll just say it's similar to their other books. Soooo if you had a problem with those, you MAY have a problem with this one.

though you're breaking my heart because Beautiful Player is an all time fav and I couldn't bare to know you didn't like it!! LOL

.Under the pages Glad you loved it because I want to read than one so much!

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover .Under the pages wrote: "Glad you loved it because I want to read than one so much!"

hope you love it!! =) xo

Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover wrote: "Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) wrote: "I always have a problem with Christina Lauren’s construction of the conflict in their books. What was your impression of the conflict in this o..."

Beautiful Player is actually my favorite of theirs. I've enjoyed several of their books but it's their conflicts that always seem to be the glaring problem, even in some of the ones I liked.

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) wrote: "TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover wrote: "Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) wrote: "I always have a problem with Christina Lauren’s construction of the conflict in their books. What was your im..."

totally totally get you. You might like this one, the conflict is maybe a little more "organic" than their other books.