Jacob's Reviews > The Complete Short Stories of H. G. Wells

The Complete Short Stories of H. G. Wells by H.G. Wells
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Short Stories of H. G. Wells.

September 20, 2011 – Shelved
September 20, 2011 – Shelved as: i-own
September 20, 2011 – Shelved as: short-fiction
September 20, 2011 – Shelved as: sci-fi-fantasy-etc
September 20, 2011 – Shelved as: verne-and-wells
July 27, 2012 – Shelved as: horror
January 14, 2013 –
page 10
1.12% "'Nothing ever does happen to me,' he remarked presently, beginning to think aloud. 'I wonder why? Things enough happen to other people. There is Harvey. Only the other week - on Monday he picked up sixpence, on Wednesday his chicks all had the staggers, on Friday his cousin came home from Australia, and on Saturday he broke his ankle. What a whirl of excitement! - compared to me.'"
January 15, 2013 –
page 20
2.23% ""Unpleasant? I don't see it. Seems to me taxidermy is a promising third course to burial or cremation. You could keep all your dear ones by you. Bric-à-brac of that sort stuck about the house would be as good as most company, and much less expensive. You might have them fitted up with clockwork to do things.\n "Of course they would have to be varnished, but they need not shine more than lots of people do naturally...""
January 20, 2013 –
page 70
7.81% "Great stories--more like sketches. Wells takes a germ of an idea and runs with it, then just ends it without much fanfare: "'It's just as well,' said Bailey." "And at the memory he helped himself to soda and whiskey again." "'...it was a queer thing to happen to a man; wasn't it - altogether?'" "...I can testify personally to the accuracy of every detail I have given." & so on."
January 21, 2013 –
page 99
11.05% "Finished "The Stolen Bacillus and Other Incidents," taking a break. Will probably go back and forth between Wells and Bowen for the next few months, with other collections in between. Maybe I'll start the collected William Trevor as well."
February 4, 2013 –