Eileen (BookCatPin)'s Reviews > Unconditionally

Unconditionally by Erin Lyon

Last year I couldn't wait to get my hands on this sequel right after the cliffhanger ending in I Love You Subject to the Following Terms and Conditions. It was one of those situations where I wanted to scream and run around because that's how much I cared about the characters.

Unconditionally was such a breeze to read. The easy humour, absurd situations and amusing dialogues made it impossible not to laugh while reading. My only slight disappointment was with the romance. There was a shift in focus from the spotlight on Kate's love life to all sorts of other dysfunctional relationships in the world. They were entertaining to read about but I really wanted more Adam and Kate moments. The few that we got didn't quite satisfy my need.

Kate is the loveliest of characters. I loved everything about her. Her frustration, her confusion, her hesitations and even her inner snarky tone were real and relatable. She made the best with whatever life threw at her. Even during the tough times and emotional moments she held true to herself and was fair to others.

Becoming a signing lawyer had its ups and downs. Despite her life-long refusal, Kate was a star. Her inner voice was sarcastic as heck but she kept them all to herself proving she was more than capable to be mature about her new job. Kate handled her cases professionally and treated her clients with respect and without prejudice. I'm a fan of the tv show Suits so I thoroughly enjoyed all the legal proceedings in Unconditionally. I loved reading about Kate doing her job.

Of all the guys in Kate's love life, Dave was a real eyesore. I just couldn't muster up any feelings except extreme dislike for him. Besides him every other side character were agreeable and fun. Logek and Mags were supportive besties to Kate.

Unconditionally was full of humour and heart. Readers of contemporary romance must not miss out on the fun that is the Contract Killers duology. I'm eagerly looking forward to what Ms. Erin Lyon brings us next~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unconditionally.

September 13, 2017 – Shelved