dumbells's Reviews > Sage

Sage by S.A. Huchton

bookshelves: faw
Read 2 times. Last read September 2, 2018 to September 6, 2018.

Did I? Yup I went for it. Full 5 start.Not given in over 2 years and here they area. I am just that impressed with this book and this author.
In case I missed (I can't believe how), but these audiobooks are narrated by the author. Holly. Shit. The girl has some awesome talent. Not only does she write this amazing piece of work but she narrates it Like. A. Boss. With talents like those who needs superheros.
I mean the action, the drama, the character development and all of it just was greatly intertwined. And the new additions to their powers were just riveting to learn about.
The only small objection I had was how fast the main characters went from hate to insta love. There are some reservations expressed in the beginning by the h how they are gonna transition that gap and she addresses them head on. But I guess she kind of sweeps her worries away pretty quick and wish there was a bit more real world feel to those type of transitions. Because when you spend your whole 1st time getting to know someone playing verbal war with them it's kind of hard to turn on the trust button at first go right away with that. I would have added a bit more reality if they could have had a few minor slip ups before working their way through them, it would have given them something more to bond over. Their mutual distrust turning to understating and all that..
But all in all did not bother me overmuch to lover my excitement in this book. I enjoyed these two characters immensely and not for a second did I cringe or eye roll at being in this heroine's head. This. Never. Happens. Ergo 5 stars.
Ps. Just did not want this book to end. I knew there was gonna be an empty hollow at the end of this one and gonna have to back to inferior reads to fill it when this one ended. I guess one can only expect to find a diamond only so often and the rest is just cereal boxes plastic rings :( Can't wait for the next one. I want I want I want.

A reread of the old favorite. I felt like the previous read things happened more faster and then they jumped into the 2nd trial. I’m glad I gave this another reread it was some details I have already forgotten about. Guess good idea would be to reread both book 1 and book 2 when I get my hands on book 3 :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sage.

September 13, 2017 – Shelved