Tracy Fenton's Reviews > The Good Samaritan

The Good Samaritan by John Marrs

Read 4 times

This is the 4th book I’ve read by John Marrs and those eagle eyed readers will notice that it’s the 3rd book I have a cameo part in and a lovely mention in the acknowledgements. I was asked to read this book months ago before the editing and proof readers had been through it, but I declined because if I’m honest I love John’s stories so much I wanted to wait for the final version and enjoy it like any other reader would.

Boy am I glad I waited. The Good Samaritan has all the trademarks of a “Marrs Novel”, disturbed psychopaths, intricately woven plotlines, clever character development and twists by the bucket load.

It takes a talented author to bring such damaged characters to life and then to get the reader to feel empathy towards them and this is something John Marrs has a knack for. My sympathy and emotions for the two main characters were alternating back and forth so much I actually felt giddy.

In my opinion this is another superb 5 star book written by a truly talented author who I also have the honour of calling my friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Samaritan.

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
Finished Reading (Audio CD Edition)
September 13, 2017 – Started Reading (Audio CD Edition)
September 13, 2017 – Shelved (Audio CD Edition)
September 13, 2017 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 13, 2017 – Shelved (Audio CD Edition)
September 13, 2017 – Shelved
September 13, 2017 – Finished Reading (Audio CD Edition)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly  B Wow! This sounds fantastic! Such a talented writer and his characters are always bring out so much emotion in me! Great review!

message 2: by Crumb (new)

Crumb Fantastic review, Tracy!

Jess Houghton Loved your cameo!

babsi so much looking forward to read this though i will have to wait until 1st of dec! thx for the great review!