Jennifer's Reviews > The Good Daughter

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter

“He talked about how people always obsess about lies. Damn lies. But no one really understands that the real danger is the truth … The truth can rot you from the inside. It doesn’t leave room for anything else.”
Wow, this book is so good. I am a fan of Karin Slaughter's short-stories but have only read one other full-length novel besides this one. I will be rectifying that soon. I thought Pretty Girls was a fluke. Her other stuff can't be this good. Yes, it can.

The Good Daughter is all about the characters. Yes, there is a legal thriller/murder mystery in progress but truthfully all that jazz sits in the background of the massive and entirely engaging character and relationship development of two sisters and a very dark past they unfortunately share.

This book was so good. Did I say that already?

My favorite quote:
“There is value in forgiveness.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Daughter.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Karin Slaughter
“a Democrat is a Republican who’s been through the criminal justice system.”

Karin Slaughter
“A trial is nothing but a competition to tell the best story. Whoever sways the jury wins the trial.”

Karin Slaughter
“She had seen this before. She knew that you could put it all in a little box and close it up later, that you could go on with your life if you didn't sleep too much, didn't breathe too much, didn't live too much so that death came back and snatched you away for the taking.”

Karin Slaughter
“People were outraged. They were glued to their televisions, to their web pages, to their Facebook feeds. They vocally expressed sorrow, horror, fury, pain. They cried for change. They raised money. They demanded action. And then they went back to their lives until the next one happened again.”

Karin Slaughter
“A person who has been up close when a gun is fired into another human being never mistakes the sound of a gunshot for something else.”

Karin Slaughter
“Many people must have told you that you are lucky to be alive. I think you would have been lucky had you not been shot in the first place.”

September 12, 2017 – Started Reading
September 15, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
September 15, 2017 – Shelved as: the-slaughterhouse
September 15, 2017 – Finished Reading
July 6, 2018 – Shelved as: one-click-authors

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by (new)

Rê Happy reading!

debra Everyone 5 *s this !! Have it on reserve. : ))

Deanna Glad you liked it!! Looking forward to your review :)

Carol (Bookaria) Nice review! I put a hold on the library for this one :)

debra Nice review, Jemmifer. have it on hold. Ha! Just saw I called you Jemmifer-I'm leaving it-Ilike it and it fits! : ))

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Wonderful review, Jennifer. :)

Jennifer Carol (Bookaria) wrote: "Nice review! I put a hold on the library for this one :)"

Thanks Carol - I hope you enjoy it!!

Jennifer debra wrote: "Nice review, Jemmifer. have it on hold. Ha! Just saw I called you Jemmifer-I'm leaving it-Ilike it and it fits! : ))"

Hahahahaha thanks debra. You're so funny. I'm liking the new spelling!

Jennifer Jennifer wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer. :)"

Thank you Jennifer! xo

Melissa It's ALL good! 😉 Great review, Jennifer.