Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > The Krinar Chronicles: Vair: Beyond the X-Club

The Krinar Chronicles by Hettie Ivers

bookshelves: reviewed
Read 2 times. Last read September 3, 2017.

Vair: Beyond the X-Club by Hettie Ivers, picks up 9 weeks after the events in The X-Club 'nine weeks, two days,and thirteen hours' to be precise.
When I first heard that Anna Zaires Krinar Chronicles were getting their own Kindle World and that Hettie Ivers (whose books I love) was going to write the follow up to Amy and Vair's first story, I was beyond excited to say the least and I'm happy to report that Hettie Ivers blew all of my expectations right out the roof.
With truly memorable secondary characters, flashes of humour (Amy's mother who takes melodrama to new heights and had me snort laughing), undeniable chemistry between Vair and Amy complete with sex scenes hot enough to scorch the pages and an emotional connection to the characters that has you feeling what they are feeling in that moment, Hettie Ivers has truly done Anna Zaires Krinar World proud.
Hettie Ivers has done a remarkable job of adding more character depth and complexity to Amy and Vair's characters.
In The X-Club by Anna Zaires, readers are shown that Amy has a streak of fearlessness and a drive to further her career and Hettie Ivers has expanded upon that concept and added to it, showing sides to Amy that will surprise readers of the previous Krinar books.
I know that Amy's character truly surprised me.
Upon meeting Amy in the first book I never would have imagined that she had alien sized intimacy issues with a healthy dose of denial on the side.
I found Amy's character to be a completely relateable heroine that I can easily identify with.
I highly recommend reading this short novel length sci-fi romance but would advise to read The X-Club before doing so, purely for your own enjoyment.

An arc of this book was generously provided to me by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Check out the blog for an interview with the author

Bingeworthy Book Blog
Facebook
Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Krinar Chronicles.

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
August 18, 2017 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
August 18, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
Started Reading
September 3, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 12, 2017 – Shelved
September 7, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Hettie (new)

Hettie Ivers Oh, my gosh, what an incredible review! And complete with a gorgeous teaser, no less!!! THANK YOU, Rhianna! This is amazing!
I'm so glad you enjoyed Vair.

Bingeworthy Book Blog you're welcome, Hettie! I really enjoy your work. You write great books and I look forward to reading more of your work