Darque Dreamer 's Reviews > First Came Forever

First Came Forever by Annie              Woods

bookshelves: pop-sugar-challenge, top-reads

First Came Forever is an enchanting, addictive love story! It's one of those fantasy, dream like romances that you can't get out of your head! Prepare yourself for a page turner full of intriguing drama, passion, and surprising twists!

The Plot: Sweden native, Erica Lindell, is about to start her senior year of high school. So, she and her friends decide to go backpacking through Vietnam as a last hurrah before their final year. While on her trip to see the historical sites, she meets the alluring Sasha Ailes, and begins to fall madly in love with him! They spend enough time together that they begin to plan a future together in the states, a future that feels like a fairy tale. But, Sasha has a secret about his true identity that has finally been discovered by Erica. Can Erica overcome the betrayal so they can live out their fairy tale forever?

I could not have predicted how much I would love this book! When I made it to the end I was speechless! I rarely pick up romance books and only occasionally pick up contemporaries, but this one may have my mind changed on those choices! I could not put this one down and I loved every minute of it! I loved the pacing, the romance, the twists and turns, and the characters! Annie did an incredible job with the writing style, world building, and character development! I cannot believe I have to wait for book two now!

I wish I could go in to detail about the plot and story twists, but I would be giving spoilers away if I did. I will say that I loved how bubbly and dream like the romance was. As I said, I am not usually one for romance, but reading this story just felt like it could be a fantasy of any teenage or young adult girl! It felt nice to live in the illusion. It wasn't a perfect illusion either. Annie wrote in the twists to keep us grounded a little so it didn't feel too over the top. She portrayed the characters and their emotions with such elegance that I always remembered I was reading about high school students, but didn't feel like the story was too young for me.

Erica was one of my favorite characters because she felt like a down to earth high school girl! She was level headed (most of the time), intelligent, open minded, and had a big heart. She wasn't stuck up or in to girly things like makeup and cheer-leading, and I loved how she fell in love with Sasha, but still was mature enough to hold concerns about the relationship and the pacing of it. I also really loved her father, Thomas, as a character and loved their relationship!

Sasha was such a heartthrob. He was the perfect fantasy boyfriend! I loved how loving he was toward Erica and how he wanted so much to change in to a better man because of her. He had a big heart and added so much passion and excitement to the story!

I was so intrigued by Tyler too! He had such a visual transformation throughout the story, and I really enjoyed it. He added a layer of mystery, and humor to the story and had the bad boy appeal!

And, let's not forget Danny (and his AWESOME parents) and Ricky! This pair man, I loved them! They had different personalities and story roles, but both were amazing friends to Erica and both were so necessary for the enjoyment of the book! Danny, especially, was such a kind, caring character and had such a heartbreaking inner struggle to deal with. And Ricky, had a huge struggle to deal that added something so important to the plot! I may have loved these two more than Erica! And Danny's parents were the "cool", understanding parents and I loved them so much!

I felt like I was watching an amazing movie the entire time I was reading this! I can't say which movies I was reminded of though, as that would give spoilers. But, this book had it all. It had love, passion, friendship, heart break, betrayal, humor, surprising plot twists, and a cliff hanger ending! It was a fluffy love story with incredible depth and I highly recommend to all YA readers (above age 16 though due to a few steamy scenes).

Thank you to the author for sending me this free review copy in exchange for my honest opinion!

The book did contain a few editing mistakes, but those in now way hindered my enjoyment!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Came Forever.

September 11, 2017 – Started Reading
September 11, 2017 – Shelved
September 12, 2017 – Shelved as: pop-sugar-challenge
September 12, 2017 – Shelved as: top-reads
September 12, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ I'm loving this book already!!!😍 Too bad it's the holidays or I would binge this awesome story in one sitting!😊 Just love your reviews Adrienne! Thanks for giving the opportunity to meet Annie!😘