Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀'s Reviews > Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer by P. Dangelico

bookshelves: slow-burn, enemies-to-lovers, contemporary-romance

4.5 Stars

Loved this slow burn romance!

First of all, I loved Amber! Such a great heroine. She was strong, independent and had amazing inner dialogue filled with sarcastic humor. She was HI-Larious!

The chemistry between Amber and Ethan was amazing! Ethan was perceived to me as kind of mysterious and while you could not quite figure out what he was thinking, you knew he was attracted to Amber. I loved the anticipation! They start out as almost as enemies with a lot of fighting/sexual tension till they finally give in to each other.

So let me just say I am a huge fan of slow burn romances. After reading the first book in this series Wrecking Ball, I became a huge fan of this author because the slow burn recipe in that book was perfection. So while this book was also great, this was not as slow a burn. The characters got together by about 70% which for me is not really slow burn. However, that's just my preference. After that there was some conflict that was caused by a really silly decision made by Ethan which was a little out of character based on how we know him during the first part of the book. So that's why I could not quite give this book 5 Stars.

Of course we also get to see more of Cam and Calvin in this book. You don't have to read book 1 to enjoy this book but trust me you don't want to miss out on reading it.

4.5 Stars
Contemporary Romance
Series: Book 2 (Standalone)
POV: Single (Heroine)
HEA

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sledgehammer.

September 11, 2017 – Shelved