Brenda's Reviews > To Love a Scandalous Duke

To Love a Scandalous Duke by Liana De la Rosa

bookshelves: reviewed

Publisher's Description:

Driven into exile years earlier, due to family scandal, Declan Sinclair is called home, devastated to discover his brother has been murdered and he’s the new Duke of Darington. When clues point to the man he blames for both his exile and his brother’s death, Declan resolves to ruin the culprit. If only the daughter of the man’s business partner, lovely Lady Alethea Swinton, didn’t tempt his resolve.

Lady Alethea Swinton has cultivated her pristine reputation in the hopes of winning her father’s praise. When her childhood friend returns, Alethea finds she’s willing to court scandal and defy her father to help the handsome Declan uncover the truth behind his brother’s death. Until she realizes Declan’s redemption will mean her family’s ruin.

My Thoughts;
I can not find other books by this author so maybe this is her debut.
Declan and Alethea have known each other since childhood.
Declan was sent away after the scandal that lead to the death of his father and the subsequent inheritance of the Dukedom by his older half brother but very young sibling.
Now years later Declan is summoned home by his brother only to find upon arriving that his brother is dead also and he is now the duke.
Declan with his mixed blood and dark coloring will never be accepted by the ton as the new duke.
Alethea has spent the last three years in Scotland where her mother died and she has only recently returned home. She is one of the few friends that Declan has and although her father pretends a friendship with the young Duke he has sinister thoughts and plans for the man.
Will this childhood friendship turn into a very adult love and relationship? Will Alethea's father allow it to happen?
I gave this book 4.5 of 5.0 stars for storyline and character development and a sensual rating of 4.0 of 5.0 flames. The build up to this relationship is sweet but becomes more heated along the way.
I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley to read. This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Love a Scandalous Duke.

September 8, 2017 – Started Reading