Shannon's Reviews > The Uncrossing

The Uncrossing by Melissa Eastlake

bookshelves: arc, 2017, alternating-pov, contemporary, family, family-drama, for-review, friends, m-m, i-need-more, youngadult

The Uncrossing is an engaging and entertaining novel that admittedly took me a little while to get pulled in to, but once I was, there was no putting this book down! It's confusing and mysterious and quite intriguing, it's everything you'd want in a young adult urban fantasy novel. And it has two totally endearing characters, which was just the icing on the cake!

Full of magic and mayhem and mystery, The Uncrossing also has a sweet romance brewing in its pages. Luke and Jeremy have known each other since they were children, as their families have an uneasy working relationship. It's not until recently, though, that things between them start to shift, thanks to some meddling by Jeremy's brother- meddling that I still can't figure out if it was for Jeremy's benefit or for Alex's, his brother. But no matter what, it was just the push both Luke and Jeremy needed to set things in motion.

Not all is what it seems when it comes to Jeremy, though, and Luke discovers secrets that he wasn't meant to know. This leads to some drama and confusion and discord between the families. But as the mystery and secrets are revealed, Luke plays a major part in helping to resolve at least some of it, and that helps to put the families back on even ground. And Jeremy and Luke are finally able to just be 2 teen boys who care about each other...

I really enjoyed everything about this book...except that ending, I need more! I don't know if Ms. Eastlake has plans for a follow-up, but I really hope there is one. I don't want to say good-bye just yet to Luke and Jeremy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Uncrossing.

September 10, 2017 – Shelved