Aleen ~Lampshade Reader's Reviews > Pupcakes

Pupcakes by Annie England Noblin

Originally posted on lampshadereader.com

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy via Edelweiss of this book.

Pupcakes by Annie England Noblin was such a cute and sweet read. While the romance aspect itself was nice, I really enjoyed the dynamics between Brydie, Pauline, and Teddy the dog. It was really about Brydie finding her purpose and actually gaining the confidence to break away from the shadow of her failed marriage and ultimately that of her somewhat controlling mother.

If you enjoy ‘meet cutes’ you’ll love the one in this story. The dogs steal the show and their antics lead to Brydie’s and Nathan’s ever budding relationship. I say it like that because it’s a slow burn romance. Maybe at times I thought that there wasn’t anything there at all. In a way, it seemed more realistic. Nathan being a doctor might have had something do to with the way he handled it.

“I’m a doctor,” he said. “I fix people. It’s what I do. I know that you’re not a patient. I know that, but I can’t help wanting to fix whatever is wrong in your life. I care about you so much.”

Teddy and the mystery around his owner Pauline really were the most enjoyable part of the whole story for me. I loved that sassy old lady and loved how her being in a nursing home did not slow her down. Just a fair warning that tears might make an appearance while reading this. Teddy was crucial in all of their lives, but with Brydie he healed her heart and gave her the focus that she needed.

Overall, it was a nice heartfelt read that got me into the mood for the holidays and the generosity that it brings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pupcakes.

September 9, 2017 – Shelved