Peace's Reviews > The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre

The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

bookshelves: books-i-want-to-own, favorites

I loved this book so much that I really don't want to give it back to the library.

When I saw this book was coming out I was ecstatic, The Two Princesses of Bamarre has been an all time favorite of mine since I was little, so I was naturally very excited to return to that world, even in an earlier setting with little character overlap.

I didn't think it would be possible for Gail Carson Levine to write a book that could live up to my childhood favorite, but she did not disappoint.

Pretty much imagine starting out as a Rapunzel retelling morphing into the story of Moses with a wonderful teen warrior princess named Perry in both the titular roles. Unexpectedly moving and relevant to racism in current society, I think everyone should read this book. Especially kids. It would make a very good read out loud story with lots of suspense.

Anyway I loved this book a ridiculous amount.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre.

September 9, 2017 – Started Reading
September 9, 2017 – Shelved
October 10, 2017 –
page 264
66.0% "This is escalating quickly, I didn't realize how much this book was going to be about racial persecution. Some of it is getting #TooReal"
October 14, 2017 – Finished Reading