Michela Walters's Reviews > Unwind

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Sep 20, 2011

bookshelves: great-reads-highly-recommend, dystopian, young-adult
Read from November 14 to 24, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. It was suspenseful and thought provoking in a way that wasn't completely political. (If that makes any sense.) I highly rec this book. It was interesting and well written. I found myself hating to put it down at night to go to bed. The multiple POV it was written in, gave a lot of perspective to the story.

It's really quite different from the other Utopian stories I've read before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unwind.

11/17/2011 page 36
11.0% "When I started this book, I was expecting to dislike it(because of the suject matter). What I found instead was an interesting multi-POV piece of fiction. I'm not very far in, but I already like the characters I've met and can't wait to read more. I actually got a few other books out of the library in prepratation for hating it and flouncing. Which at the moment, I have no desire to do." 3 comments
11/21/2011 page 123
37.0% "I'm curious to see where Connor & Risa end up after spending all this time in various safe houses. & Roland... wow, what a douche. Interesting to see how he get's his comeuppance in the end. Still enjoying this very thought provoking story."
11/22/2011 page 228
68.0% "This is really a fascinating read. I don't want to spoil anything, but I am enjoying all the various complexities layered within this book. Each chapter is another emotion or topic that sucks you into the story. I hate putting this down every night."
08/23/2016 marked as: read