Renée's Reviews > The Token Yank

22094673

liked it
bookshelves: moderate-steam, mm-romance

~3.5 stars~

I didn't realize until reading it that this would be a spinoff from the Browerton series. Rafe also attends Browerton, but as a sophomore, he's going to spend his fall semester abroad in England. With the express goal in mind to come home no longer a virgin.

Rafe soon realizes that his well-intended parents have been sheltering him from "adult" skills that he really needs to figure out on his own, like grocery shopping and cooking.

With three flatmates, Rafe really does get the authentic British experience. Eammon and Rafe form a quick bond and are fast friends.

When friends turns into more, Rafe figures he doesn't need to bedhop in the UK when Eammon is completely satisfying him in every way (and me, as a reader, while he was at it!)

This is a book that I enjoyed reading, but the NA feel of it kept it from ever going deeper than surface-level. Douchey exes, immaturity, and lack of communication kept me from loving the story, although these things are very authentic to the college experience.

I'd recommend this one for those who love NA, college boys in particular!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Token Yank.

September 8, 2017 – Started Reading
September 8, 2017 – Shelved
September 10, 2017 – Shelved as: moderate-steam
September 10, 2017 – Finished Reading
November 4, 2018 – Shelved as: mm-romance

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 2: by Ele (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ele Ι want to know too. Also, is there a lot of miscommunication?

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Ele wrote: "Ι want to know too. Also, is there a lot of miscommunication?"

Ugh, hopefully not.

message 4: by Ele (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ele ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ wrote: "Ele wrote: "Ι want to know too. Also, is there a lot of miscommunication?"

Ugh, hopefully not."

Υeah, I don't have the patience for that anymore.

Renée ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ wrote: "steamy? HEA?"

Renée Ele wrote: "Ι want to know too. Also, is there a lot of miscommunication?"

No, not a lot. It never made me roll my eyes. It was just typical immaturity and insecurities instead of TALKING.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Renée wrote: "~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ wrote: "steamy? HEA?"

Moderate or more steam. Definitely more than enough. I'd call it a strong HFN. They're young, after all."

Do they stay together?

Renée Yes, they do.

message 9: by Ele (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ele Renée wrote: "Yes, they do."

I'll keep it on my list then...

Renée It's a cute story and worth reading.