Sassy Brit's Reviews > Fairytale Frankie and the Mermaid Escapade

Fairytale Frankie and the Mermaid Escapade by Greg Gormley

Sep 08, 2017

bookshelves: childrens, mermaids, young-kids-books, 2017-books, 2017-british-books-challenge

This is a review of a free book I received via the Amazon Vine Programme.

I am reviewing Fairytale Frankie and the Mermaid Escapade written by Greg Gormley, and illustrated by Steven Lenton. Here are my thoughts:

^^ This is a lovely fairytale with a modern twist. There's a lifeguard wizard, and a surfing prince.Even the main character Frankie is a girl with what could be a boy's name.

^^‘‘Fairytale Frankie and the Mermaid Escapade’’ by Greg Gormley and Steven Lenton is the first of a series of fairytale adventures for children about 3 to 6 years old.

^^ The story, written by Greg Gormley, is fun, reads smoothly and for the younger children would be great as a read together book, whilst encouraging new readers to strengthen their own reading skills.

^^ The illustrations by Steven Lenton are equally fantastic, and really help move the story along, with plenty to see and talk about. They are bright, bold and magical.

Overall: A thoroughly entertaining and exciting tale for young children. I mean, who doesn't like fairytales, beaches or mermaids?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairytale Frankie and the Mermaid Escapade.

September 8, 2017 – Shelved