Erik Hovland's Reviews > What Happened

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

did not like it

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened.

Finished Reading
September 8, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)

message 1: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula Another troll that creates fake profiles on these sites just to downgrade a book that they didn't read. Get a life and a hobby!

Mychal Yep. Creating goodread profiles just to bash Hillary. Really good use of your time.

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Isn't there a way to report fake profiles? Or is that not possible on here?

Juliana Philippa One star to offset those who have five starred to offset those who have one starred.

... do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena Juliana, I think that was the point and why I and 27 other people now liked it. He's pointing out how ridiculous all the reviews are for this book.

Juliana Philippa Lena wrote: "Juliana, I think that was the point and why I and 27 other people now liked it. He's pointing out how ridiculous all the reviews are for this book."

Well ... he's not just pointing it out—he gave the book one-star. So he's participating in exactly what he's supposedly criticizing. Which either you and the 27 other (now 30) people didn't notice, or you all just also dislike Hillary on principle, but felt comfortable about liking this 1-star review because it allowed you to give the pretense of liking it purely for being smart and witty (despite for it being neither).

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson That's pretty fucked up! Read the book before you star it, period!

message 8: by Jaycee (new) - added it

Jaycee Bond lmao nice

Kate He joined just to give this book one star. How sad.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson That is sad. Some of us are serious reviewers and don't appreciate this Bullshit!

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin Great review!

message 12: by HaveSomeShawarma (new)

HaveSomeShawarma You guys are so immature. It's a joke.

message 13: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine HaveSomeShawarma wrote: "You guys are so immature. It's a joke."

No, it is a profile made solely to influence ratings when the person has not read the book. Some people actually use the goodreads ratings to help determine if they should read a book.

message 14: by HaveSomeShawarma (new)

HaveSomeShawarma I think in this case people are gonna read it or not read it based on political affiliation and literally nothing else.

Tessy Consentino "Pre-reviewing to be an asshole." --fixed it for you Guessing you are a BernieBro 😂

Claudia Turner You probably prefer ghost written self help books with trumps name on them

message 17: by Chrissy (new) - added it

Chrissy eckert classy

message 18: by Franquie (new)

Franquie LOL

Leslie Hello Moron! And may I ask, what in the world have you done to help society?

message 20: by Aura (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aura Typical troll who doesnt read, doesnt know a fact if it hit him on the head. Bar room BS belong in the bar with the rest of the losers.

message 21: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Campbell Did you read the book and feel it deserves one star or are you biased and don't care if your rating has nothing to do with the actual book you're reviewing?

Please tell us what you didn't like, if you aren't being dishonest in your review.

message 22: by Rita (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rita Such intelligence lol.

message 23: by Erica (new) - added it

Erica Meta levels of stupid. Ability to read is doubtful.

message 24: by Thắng (new) - added it

Thắng flag ittt

message 25: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Erik, first, read the book. Okay?

Claudia Turner You should read a book

message 27: by Will (new)

Will Andrews You guys are trolling just as much as he is

message 28: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Will wrote: "You guys are trolling just as much as he is"

Will, you do have a point. But my point is that there is nothing in this review that indicates this person has read the book. Not even a "hated it" or "don't like Clinton" or anything. Just a silly note. And, absolutely, one more reason never to trust goodreads ratings and especially goodreads book awards at the end of the year.

message 29: by Jerry (new)

Jerry I wonder how many of you dissing this guy for 1 starring Hillary's book would do the exact same thing he did but on Trump's book?

message 30: by Erica (new) - added it

Erica Jerry wrote: "I wonder how many of you dissing this guy for 1 starring Hillary's book would do the exact same thing he did but on Trump's book?"

We're dissing him for not reading the book, then rating it anyway. His rationale is trash.

message 31: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Jerry wrote: "I wonder how many of you dissing this guy for 1 starring Hillary's book would do the exact same thing he did but on Trump's book?"

Jerry, absolutely, and mainly out of disrespect for all readers, most of us here to give an honest review, or read an honest review. This isn't the place for politics, although lately EVERYTHING has become political, and I am as guilty as the next person of..."going there"...every now and then. And, for the record, I've never met either Clinton or Trump, so I have no idea what either is really like.