Andy's Reviews > Freeing Your Radical Hero: Fighting the Impostor Mindset

Freeing Your Radical Hero by Lou Solomon

bookshelves: psychology, productivity, workbook

Disclaimer: I've worked with Lou Solomon; the book was purchased on my own accord.

My wife and I dug into this book on a recent road trip. Lou is an amazing woman. If you haven't had the opportunity to know her I'd check out her work and efforts in making a more authentic relationship with anyone and everyone. Her book here is a great roadmap for kicking yourself into doing more, quelling the nay-sayer that exists in all of us, and finding a way to be the fuller individual we all can be.

The book is almost conversational. Read a bit, consider some fantastic quotes along with a lot of workbook to get you sometimes out of your comfort zone to ask yourself questions that need facing. Or maybe a better way to think about it is the book at times feels like a conversation with a close friend who is having you come to terms with who you are. On another reflection, it reminded me a little bit of one of my old favorite books Optimal Thinking. We sometimes (hah, most of the time) shy away from questions that will cause us to experience uncomfortable situations. This book if taken honestly will help you confront some of the little demons running around your psyche. Exposing them for you to bring the smackdown.

Having had the ability to work through this with my wife as a counterpoint and I her made it an even better multiplier. If you have a significant other or a good friend, working through this together might help in a way the author never intended which is to say strengthen relationships and who doesn't need a helping hand confronting their own demons.

Now let's all go out there and be our best without that nagging hater crouched in our minds!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freeing Your Radical Hero.

September 8, 2017 – Started Reading