Donna's Reviews > Black Bird of the Gallows

Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel

bookshelves: 2017, dark, fantasy, favorites, favs-read-in-2017, romance, young-adult

"Fly with me, baby, there’s nothing to fear. Stay with me today, before you have to go. Be with me, baby, no need to hide. In the light of the new day, the fire’s burning low. Can’t stop searching, for some spark of hope. Find your way to dry land, the sea will drag me down. Swimming to the far shore, to the lonely underground. You’ll be gone before I’ve drowned. Before I ever make a sound, I’ll never make a sound…"

I. Loved. This. Book.
To say this book was good is like saying that Florida is warm in the summer. Florida is dang hot in the summer, and this book is dang awesome!!!

I loved the characters. Especially the two main characters, Angie and Reece, and yes I really liked their relationship. A lot of people compared the romance to Twilight’s instalove. So, yes, if you don’t like that kind of thing you might not enjoy the romance. I, however, loved the romance in Twilight (it’s the only thing I like about Twilight) and I loved watching this romance develop.

But, even if you don’t like the romance....this book is SO MUCH MORE!!! The crows, the folklore of harbingers of death, the bees (I’m still trying to sort that out in my head, and hope with further Books on the series to understand...why bees) and very old curses. There lots of action/adventure, survival stuff. This book is filled with a lot!!! I don’t want to give away too much, so that’s why I’m being vague, but I want you to know this isn’t just a romance book, and it’s definitely NOT BORING!!!

If you like Young Adult, Paranormal, Folklore,Romance, Action/Adventure Survival stuff...then give this book a try. I really think you’ll like it. I gave it 5/5 Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Bird of the Gallows.

Quotes Donna Liked

Meg Kassel
“He leans forward, resting his forehead against mine. I feel his breath on my skin as he exhales a deep breath.
"I'm sorry." His voice is slurred and rough. "But you see, I should have been dead for nearly two hundred years. Instead, by chance, I was found by a curse and was turned into this. Not human, not immortals, but some cruel melding of the two. I endured two centuries of horrors, and maybe it was all so I could be here with you. If my unnatural existence means nothing else, it means this. I get to be here, now, with you.”
Meg Kassel, Black Bird of the Gallows