megs_bookrack's Reviews > Crown of Midnight

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

12/4/18: Continuing my reflection on 2018, this is my choice for my favorite book that I completed in February of this year. While I did read some really great books in February, this one stands out the most.

I was so happy with the way this one continued the story; a seamless transition. That being said, the tone did feel different however, a maturation of the 'world', if you will. I have continued on with the series and for me, they keep getting better and better. By this I mean, with each book, the complexity of the world and the drama continues to expand. I have three books left and definitely plan on continuing in 2019.

Original:I can't do it.
I can't properly review this book. It was so good. So, so good. I have already moved on to Heir of Fire. Why did I wait so long to read this?

I am a complete fangirl now and have no shame. I never understood the love for Chaol until this book. Team Dorian here - a smart, handsome prince who is flirty and bad-boy and reads a bunch of books...sign me up. In this book, however, I really can see how people are pulling for Chaol. He's a good egg, that Chaol. If you haven't started this series yet and love YA-fantasy, you should - don't be a dumbass like me and wait any longer!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Midnight.

September 7, 2017 – Shelved
January 24, 2018 –
page 82
January 27, 2018 –
page 140
33.49% "It feels do good to get back into this series! Why did I wait so long!?"
January 29, 2018 –
page 158
February 2, 2018 –
page 192
45.93% "I never understood all the fuss over Chaol...until now 💞"
February 3, 2018 –
page 224
February 12, 2018 –
page 370
February 12, 2018 –
page 390
93.3% "Must slow down! Saving the last 30 pages for tomorrow - I need to savor this!"
February 13, 2018 – Finished Reading