Charles's Reviews > What Happened

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

did not like it

She could easily say, "I ran a poor campaign. I failed to connect with voters and I lost." Instead, we get page after page of excuses. Most disappointing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened.

August 31, 2017 – Started Reading
September 6, 2017 – Shelved
September 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

hayden how exciting that you got the chance to read it early!

message 2: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula And another troll who made a profile just to downgrade a book they didn't read. Get a life and a new hobby.

Dominique But she didn't fail to connect with voters. She got almost 3 million more votes. Go troll somewhere else.

Marta "I don't know what you did, but I don't like it." - a quote from a male collegue of mine

message 5: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie Charles didn't read the book.

message 6: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet Fun fact: she received more votes than any presidential candidate in US history. Which she also mentions in the book you did not read.

Marta Ben wrote: "She does say in the book she made a number of mistakes in her campaign -- one of them was a failure to connect with a particular segment . She was pretty upfront about her shortcomings. She went in..."
The review was posted on the 6th of September. The book came out on the 12th. Does that answer your question?

Marta Ben wrote: "Marta wrote: "Ben wrote: "She does say in the book she made a number of mistakes in her campaign -- one of them was a failure to connect with a particular segment . She was pretty upfront about her..."
The Goodreads page was full of negative reviews way before the book came out. I keep watching the ridiculous response and a qoute keeps going through my head: "I don't know what you did, but I don't like it." - this came from a sexist co-worker of mine, who could not phatom that I worked late and hard and happened to have fixed a bug in his code in the process.

I am relating so hard to how Hillary is being treated here.

Kate Can you come up with an actual quote from the book? Probably note.

Sarah Ellis Ha! Charles, looks like you made up an account on goodreads just to slam this book. A book that you clearly didn't read. Another person choosing to be ruled by emotion, bias, and ignorance instead of logic and reason. I really wish we had more thinkers in this world. Charles, if that's your real name, I encourage you to start to read for real. You might learn something and be challenged. I'm not here to spread hate, or make you feel less than. I just want to encourage a more educated, and thoughtful populace.

Becky Shattuck She did say that. She said that she relied on a lot of data, but it was also important to have people on the ground hearing what people were saying. She said they did successfully do that in the state of Missouri but not elsewhere. Perhaps, if you read the book you're trying to critique, you'd know that.

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris Antenen i sense the fact that you didn't read the book.

message 13: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie I don't believe you read the book bc she doesn't blame others.

Amanda Smith He also has no other books read or reviews. Just this.

Claudia Turner Republican?

Lilithanne She took full blame for losing. Please stop the spin.

message 17: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina So you didn’t read the book and paid no attention to an election in which she battled unprecedented interference and smears to win more votes than any white man in history? Do you even live in this country?

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris Antenen I'm so tired of the attacks on Hillary. They tried so hard to get something ''on her' and failed every time. But one media outlet just kept printing the lies. If the drum beats long enough, some people will blindly follow it.

Vishakha Sharma Duck off, misogynistic pig.

Vishakha Sharma Misogynistic loser. It's okay, America is known for them and the biggest one is sitting in your White House embarrassing your whole country

Vishakha Sharma He probably goes around grabbing women's pussies himself and talks about dating his daughter

message 22: by Dean (new)

Dean Shillary and her neoliberal ilk enabled the election of Trump. " If you are not a part of the solution you are a part of the problem . " - Eldridge Cleaver

message 23: by Dean (new)

Dean Vishakha wrote: "Misogynistic loser. It's okay, America is known for them and the biggest one is sitting in your White House embarrassing your whole country"

Read Pankaj Mishra's book !

message 24: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Charles, she does say all those things, and she says it gracefully and with great humility.

Shirley Durr Obviously, you didn't read the book because in no way does she make excuses.

message 26: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg 1) Andy Weir's "Artemis" was not published until November of 2017, yet there were reviews right here on goodreads as early as December of 2016. That said, the book was terrible, and that very first review gave this pos 2 stars: a VERY GENEROUS two stars, as the book was dumb as dirt.
2) Shirley, Hillary apologizes repeatedly for what she did wrong, one of which was deciding to not tear Trump a new one for his hate of women exhibited during the debate. But it wouldn't have mattered, Shirley, cause you haven't read the book, and you have no self respect and want to the grabbed by Trump. UGH!!!

message 27: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Shirley wrote: "Obviously, you didn't read the book because in no way does she make excuses."

Shirley, lol, stop spewing lies. No way did you read this book.

message 28: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Vishakha wrote: "Misogynistic loser. It's okay, America is known for them and the biggest one is sitting in your White House embarrassing your whole country"

Vishakha, please don't forget that Trump lost by 11 million total votes. American, by popular vote, did not want this sick, twisted, lying, mysoginstic pos in the White House. DID I MENTION THAT TRUMP LOST BY 11 MILLION VOTES???

message 29: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Christina wrote: "So you didn’t read the book and paid no attention to an election in which she battled unprecedented interference and smears to win more votes than any white man in history? Do you even live in this..."

Christina, I don't know what voters of Trump are smoking up, but it clearly distorts their view of the world. I know who is the criminal: Trump, and I don't want that brand of koolaid. Trump voters are all alike: hateful, racist, homophobic, xenophobic piles of diarrhea.

message 30: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Lilithanne wrote: "She took full blame for losing. Please stop the spin."

She did! That's what republicans hate most: a graceful loser. They can't stand it. And I admit, I'm furious. A TRAITOR TO AMERICA is POTUS!!!

message 31: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Fishel Clearly you did not read the book. Fake review.

Claudia Turner Do you even read?

Sarah If that's your opinion on this book, you clearly did not read it. She took as much of blame as she should have but there were definitely other factors contributing to her loss.

Katrina I don't agree - my fellow voters in NH favored (and probably voted for) Bernie. I liked his platform, but knew it would tighten the Democratic/Independent vote , so I voted for Hillary. And that's what happened. It was a tough election.

message 35: by Greg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greg Katrina wrote: "I don't agree - my fellow voters in NH favored (and probably voted for) Bernie. I liked his platform, but knew it would tighten the Democratic/Independent vote , so I voted for Hillary. And that's ..."

What REALLY happened? Hateful racists people wanted to elect the stupidest, white, most racist person they could find for Potus, and so they did: Trump.