Harmen de Jong's Reviews > Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time: The Historical Jesus and the Heart of Contemporary Faith

Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time by Marcus J. Borg

bookshelves: religion, bookshelf-en, religion-christianity

After reading the book, I think the title is no exaggeration. It is a very good book. Borg shows what I myself thought since my adolescence: no physical resurrection, Jesus is not God, no trinity. Borg gives much attention tothe developing theology within early Christianity and the culture in Jesus' time. I already knew a lot about it, but new points of interest have been added. He is trying to place Christianity in a different context so that for many people, including myself, it gets a new attraction. Because in recent years a lot of research has been done about, for instance, the historicity and reliability of the Bible and there is a lot to be said about it (the same process is also going on with the Koran). But what do you do with that as a Christian who has been faithfully brought up with the Bible in the sense that everything written was literally God's word? Especially this group can be happy with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time.

Finished Reading