Ren's Reviews > Tangle of Need

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

Sep 19, 2011

bookshelves: author-autobuy, must-have-it-in-paperback, own-mass-market, own-and-read

5 stars and Nalini Singh again prove herself that she will be my author goddess. Tangle of Need, for some readers maybe more like filler, bridge between Kiss of Snow and Heart of Obsidian. But I still love read it nonetheless.

Adria and Riaz might be not my favorite couple, but it's a lie if I said I'm almost not cried when read about them. Two wounded soul that find they are healing by their love. I can said, the drama and angst in this book is much more than the previous in the series. But it's the kind of drama that will brought tears to your eyes. I also know some readers think that Nalini not follow her own rule about mating bond. How Riaz can be with Adria if they are not mated to each other. That there are a possibilities for Riaz to mated with his mate, Lisette. But, like Hawke once said, "the commitment take the place of mating bond". Adria and Riaz might not be mated to each other, but their love are undoubtly strong and their commitment are unquestionable. I hope Nalini will write more about them, how she will resolve their problem.

And like Kiss of Snow, Tangle of Need have some sub story that related with the main story. Mainly about Sienna and Hawke. I'm so happy to read the post-HEA story. Make us delve more into this newly mated couple. Also, there's pregnancy news from Mercy, the alliance between SnowDancer and the sea changelings, BlackSea (jellyfish changeling? Ugh!) and assassination attempt to the anchors of the PsyNet. As usual the Psy part sometimes make me confused.

And the biggest question is, real identity of The Ghost. It can be Kaleb, with his ruthless determination and his plan that somehow connect him to The Ghost. But it can be Vasic. For when I follow The Ghost hijacking Nalini's Twitter.. he said that he had been broken when he was a child. And so do Vasic. Also Judd said in the near last chapter of this book :
" will I have the strength to execute a man who is a mirror of who I might've been in another life?". So, The Ghost once was an Arrow, right? Even I have a feeling that The Ghost is more than one person, lol!

Tangle of Need is a blast and I postponed to read it until now, because I don't want to wait so long for Heart of Obsidian. Just 2 weeks again guys, and I buy the Hardcover ones. I like the cover, and I'm dying to know who is Ghost and what Nalini will tell us about him. Beside, he is virgin, lol!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangle of Need.

September 19, 2011 – Shelved
February 26, 2012 – Shelved as: author-autobuy
February 26, 2012 – Shelved as: must-have-it-in-paperback
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: own-mass-market
May 26, 2013 –
page 225
54.22% "Adria and Riaz are so different from other couples, and my heart ache for them. Also I'm not sure is The Ghost is Kaleb or Vasic or Aden. Seems like he totally a different person."
May 27, 2013 – Started Reading
May 29, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 27, 2017 – Shelved as: own-and-read

message 1: by Sej (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sej No doesn't sound like Riaz was talking about Adria. Adria was not mated with Martin. She was more dominant than Martin and he didn't accept her as the dominant. Riaz said that he met his mate but she was married to someone else. That's from what I remember at least.

Blue Bayou . My thoughts exactly. Wait didnt Riaz meet his mate somewhere else and came back to stay away from 'her'? Confused as well. I remember Riaz said it was the hardest thing he'd ever done, walking away from his mate. But that her mate was a good man. ????

Blue Bayou . Im pretty sur Adria and Martin are mated. Thats what made the story so sad.

message 4: by Sej (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sej Amy, Adria and Martin are not mated. They were just together, what what made the story sad is that Martin would not accept her as the dominant. You'll have to reread Play of Passion. Riaz said he met his mate who was married to a good man, so he didn't claim her. He didn't specify what she was, if she was human or changeling or psy. But being married is a human thing.

Blue Bayou . Thanks, and yes I'm going to reread Play of Passion. Like thats going to be a hardship...:) Thanks for the information!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

message 7: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Tabitha wrote: "Fortunately I discovered Psy-changling books from reviews on the Amazon and BN. I would NEVER pick up anyone of the series books from the horrible cover art."

Yes, me too. But fortunately for me, I read Guild Hunter first, and love it. So I take a chance to read Psy Changeling. Need some books for me to enjoy this series

message 8: by Gab (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gab I thought she was mated to Martin to which I hated as didn't really like him. it's also hard to understand why she stayed with him so long if not mated but I guess we'll find out in June. Ten, I was the same with the PST-changeling books, reading them because I LOVED guild hunter series.

message 9: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Gabrielle wrote: "I thought she was mated to Martin to which I hated as didn't really like him. it's also hard to understand why she stayed with him so long if not mated but I guess we'll find out in June. Ten, I w..."

I guess, "love is blind"? Maybe Adria do love Martin, and vice versa, but Martin just can't get their difference nature (with Adria being dominant). Adria feel that, but can't do anything.
I think we will see the real matters at Tangle of Need.
I still don't know why Riaz that get book, rather than others, but I see reviews about this book, so glad to see Hawke and Sienna again!

message 10: by Ayu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ayu I really wants to read this book. However some circumstanses make me unable to buy it.
Gosh, I hope I can find someway to read it

message 11: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Ayu wrote: "I really wants to read this book. However some circumstanses make me unable to buy it.
Gosh, I hope I can find someway to read it"

Why you can't buy it? Since its comes hardcover first, I'll wait for the paperback ones.

message 12: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Sorry but I couldn't read all the comments, so if no one suggested go to your local library. That's where I'm getting my fix from. If your doesn't have it, request it, that's what libraries are for. And the best part of course is, it's 100% free.:)