Arabella ~♡AB♡~'s Reviews > Tell Me

Tell Me by Abigail Strom

★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

Oh my Lord! I have been in a bit of a book slump this year, I have read so many books that feel the same and are so forgetful that I was starting to lose hope. I have been much braver though, and I have tried many new authors that I haven't read before, and it's been great to find so much talent that I was always too stuck in my ways to try before now.

When this book popped up to read on the Kindle First program, I decided to take a look at the blurb and then went for it. I then spent the next 24 hours devouring this story in between real life stuff.

OMG, I loved it! Seriously LOVED.

It's about a bookworm who see's herself as a bit of a plain Jane (her name incidentally, is Jane) and she is the complete opposite of her older sister, who is outgoing and adventurous, and although she loves her with all her heart, she admits to feeling jealous of always being the less attractive, less interesting, and lesser sister.

Her sister also has a business partner. His name is Caleb, he's a Southern gentleman, who she finds extremely annoying (ly hot) and when he is not off traveling the world with said sister for his job, he and Jane have some great banter going on, it's kinda like a brother/sister vibe...except it's not.

Tell Me started off light hearted, but then it just took me on a journey that I was not expecting. It was heart-wrenching, and emotional - but absolutely beautiful. The writing was exquisite, I actually can't believe I have never read anything by this author before - that is going to be rectified immediately, I can't wait to explore more books if they are anything like this one.

I would describe Tell Me as a 'Friends to Lovers' romance, but also a story of self-discovery, learning how to fight your demons, and following your dreams.

5 Stars from me.

Read via Kindle First on Amazon Prime

facebook twitter goodreads wp google+ instagram pinterest mail

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell Me.

September 4, 2017 – Started Reading
September 4, 2017 – Shelved
September 5, 2017 –
50.0% "Flipping heck, this book is hitting me right in the feels!"
September 6, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 7, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-top-10-favourites-shelf
September 7, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-star-reads-excellent
September 7, 2017 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers
September 7, 2017 – Shelved as: heartbreaking-i-cried-a-river
April 18, 2018 – Shelved as: slow-burn-baby

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Eliza (new) - added it

Eliza Awesome review, AB! Added!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Eliza wrote: "Awesome review, AB! Added!"

Thanks, E - I hope you get to read it soon!

message 3: by Selene (new)

Selene Great review, Arabella!

message 4: by FMABookReviews (new)

FMABookReviews Wonderful review, AB! I can't wait to read it!

Jacqueline's Reads Thanks for the rec!

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" See I added it to my TBR Arabella ;-) Even on my wish list Amazon LOL

message 7: by ♥Sharon♥ (new)

♥Sharon♥ Wonderful review, Arabella!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Thank you, all! Xx

message 9: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Arabella! :)

message 10: by Amy | Foxy Blogs (new)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Terrific review, AB ♥

Geri Reads Thank you so much for bringing this book into my radar!! I loved it. <3

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ wrote: "Thank you so much for bringing this book into my radar!! I loved it. <3"

Yaaaaaay! So happy you loved it too :D

message 13: by Jan (new)

Jan  Happy for you, AB!
Nothing better than finding a 5 Stars read :))
Brilliant review, as always. xx

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Jan wrote: "Happy for you, AB!
Nothing better than finding a 5 Stars read :))
Brilliant review, as always. xx"

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events Are there sexy times in this book??

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events wrote: "Are there sexy times in this book??"

Sure is, perv

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events Arabella ~♡AB♡~ wrote: "Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events wrote: "Are there sexy times in this book??"

Sure is, perv"

bahhhaaaaaa I LOVE YOUUUUU

Jemima Ok, you got me curious... Buying this book ASAP

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Jemima wrote: "Ok, you got me curious... Buying this book ASAP"

Ahhh, I hope you enjoy it as much as me :D