PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps 's Reviews > Rosebush

Rosebush by Michele Jaffe

GRADE: B
4 STARS

ROSEBUSH, a delightful surprise, begins with as Jane wakes from a coma, unable to remember the hit and run accident that left her for dead beneath a ROSEBUSH. Was she trying to commit suicide? Surely her perfect boyfriend and perfect friends couldn't be at fault. The police think she's hallucinating or lying, even after she starts receiving threatening messages.

Although Jane was unkind to her mother and her soon-to-be stepfather, I believed she was a good person beneath the surface. She was passive in relationships with friends, always acquiescing to her boyfriend and friends' wishes. Her quest for popularity caused her to have horrible taste in friends and dates, often blowing off good people for shallow ones. ROSEBUSH has no shortage of suspects.

Michele Jaffe held my interest and had me flipping pages eager to figure out who what when where why and how. The ending was the weakest part of the story, too convoluted to be logical. Still, I enjoyed the reading experience of ROSEBUSH and recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rosebush.

September 4, 2017 – Shelved