Lillian's Reviews > Remember Yesterday

Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn

I received an eARC of this book via Netgalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

I loved Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn! It was a thrilling read from start to finish. The way the author told the story and brought it basically full circle had me like:

[image error]

It was perfect!!! Set ten years after Forget Tomorrow, this book follows Jessa Stone in a world without her sister.

I loved Jessa! She is such a relatable character. It was easy to put myself in her shoes and empathize with her feelings, her struggles, her hopes and dreams. She was the sister who was supposed to die. Everyone remembers Callie and her sacrifice. No one remembers that as much as Jessa, who was only six when she witnessed her sister kill herself to stop the future: a future of genocide. Jessa is reckless, an adrenaline junkie with no plans for her future. She wanders aimlessly and misses her sister, her other half every day, every moment.

The world looks different than the one Callie changed. There are no more future memories and those that received them have either forgotten them or cling to them in the hopes they will still come to fruition. Logan is one of those that clings. Callie was in his vision and he hopes daily that she somehow survived. The Harmony commune and the Underground signed a treaty with ComA to return to civilization IF they would keep silent on why they left in the first place. No one in society knows what was done to those that received criminal memories. No one knows what Callie sacrificed, except those that loved her. Jessa will never forget.

Tanner Callahan, the Father of Future Memories, is just a teen like Jessa in this book. His discovery hasn’t happened yet and thanks to Callie, Jessa and the Underground hope it never will. But Tanner isn’t all he seems. My heart broke over and over for this lost boy. An orphan, raised by TechRa (the scientists), his life is nothing like Jessa thought it was and I just can’t even talk about it.

Jessa and Tanner’s relationship is perfect. I love how the author built a foundation for their romance before jumping into the teen lust. In fact, I may have liked Jessa and Tanner more than Logan and Callie. It was different, steamier but sweeter as they understand each other like no one else can.

The time travel aspect of this novel was what I was hoping for in Forget Tomorrow. I won’t go to into detail as I don’t want to spoil the story, but I will say it’s great! It answers some questions the series brought up with Callie’s sacrifice.

Overall I loved this book!!! Have I said that already? Jessa and Tanner make an interesting couple and the twists that the author throws at us in this book….seriously, I have heart palpitations! If you enjoyed the first book of the series or you enjoy sci-fi/dystopia, I highly recommend you grab a copy. It doesn’t disappoint!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember Yesterday.

September 4, 2017 – Started Reading
September 4, 2017 – Shelved
September 4, 2017 –
41.0% "Loving this sequel! It doesn't suffer second-book-syndrome"
September 4, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-dystopia-reading-challenge