Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Tempted & Taken

Tempted & Taken by Rhenna Morgan

liked it
bookshelves: 3-stars, bought, paperbacks-i-own

Tempted & Taken is book four in the Haven Brotherhood series by Rhenna Morgan. The Haven Brotherhood is a group of unconventional alpha males that have become family. These men are possessive, hot, bossy, protective, successful, and well connected. Once they fall, they fall hard.

This one didn’t hook me like the previous books in the series. Knox and Darya where just ok. I never feel for their romance. It just felt like a lot of sex between them, not much else. Most of the book was Knox trying to keep his distance from Darya. When he can’t stay away, well they have sex, and then it’s back to him staying away. After about a month of this, they finally try for a relationship spending time at each others places, but all we see is their strong attraction and their sexy times. Pretty much the romance takes place within a two month period; before they are wanting to get married.

As for the suspense on why Darya is on the run. Well, we don’t see things pick up until much later in the book around the 315 page mark. I get why she ran, but it wasn’t an outstanding suspenseful reason.

Unfortunately; Tempted & Taken didn’t win me over. I wasn’t feeling the romance nor the lead characters. I’ve loved the previous novels released, but not this one. I guess their will be one in a series that just doesn’t work.

Rated: 3 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted & Taken.

September 3, 2017 – Shelved
March 9, 2018 – Shelved as: bought
March 9, 2018 – Shelved as: paperbacks-i-own
March 9, 2018 – Shelved as: 3-stars
March 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review angela!!

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Awesome review angela!!"

Thank you!